Aggron Stonebreaker The Ogre Magi – DotA Hero Items Build, Skills Build, Guide and Strategy. One of only two melee intelligence heroes, on the surface the Ogre Magi appears to be a regular offensive spellcaster with limited buffing capabilities. However, the true power of this hero is revealed when his passive Multi Cast skill comes into play. Similar to a passive critical strike, Multi Cast allows the Ogre Magi’s spells to hit multiple times. His Fireblast spell is a decent but unremarkable spell on its own, but a multicast Fireblast is capable of dealing huge damage and stunning a target for a long time. Bloodlust provides a great speed bonus to a single target, and a multi cast Bloodlust gives that same bonus to the Ogre’s entire team. Ignite is a fairly weak single target slow without Multi Cast, but gains a large area of effect with more levels of Multi Cast. Although he is not very threatening without it, the Ogre Magi becomes quite deadly once he starts throwing Multi Casts around. Want to know more about Aggron Stonebreaker The Ogre Magi Item Build Guide and DotA Strategy? Let’s check post below!
Ogres, a race bred to be warriors, have no experience with the arcane arts, leaving Aggron, who was born with a rare affinity to magic, without guidance regarding his innate abilities. His own force of will harnesses his talent to produce elemental flames and explosions that consume his opponents. Being a natural warrior, he reaches into his own aggression to fuel his comrades’ lust for battle. His savage, untapped magical potential is prone to fiery outbursts which enhance the potency of his spells. A towering force built on strength and magic, Aggron is honored by his people and feared by his enemies
Aggron Stonebreaker The Ogre Magi Advanced Statistics
Attack Animation: 0.3 / 0.3
Damage: 58 – 64
Casting Animation: 0.56 / 0.51
Base Attack Time: 1.7
Missile Speed: Instant
Attack Range: 128 (melee)
Sight Range: 1800 / 800
Aggron Stonebreaker The Ogre Magi Abilities Build
1. Fireblast (Hotkey: F)
Blasts an enemy unit with a wave of fire. Deals intense damage and stuns for 1.5 seconds.
Level 1 – Deals 80 damage.
Level 2 – Deals 145 damage.
Level 3 – Deals 210 damage.
Level 4 – Deals 275 damage.
- Damage type: magical
- When Multicast, Fireblast hits the same target each time with a 0.3 seconds interval.
- Mana cost is increased by 30 / 80 / 110 when learning Multicast.
Mana Cost: 75/85/95/105
Cooldown: 12 seconds
2. Ignite (Hotkey: G)
Drenches a target in volatile chemicals, causing it to burst into flames. The target is in immense pain, taking damage and moving more slowly.
Level 1 – 26 damage/sec; 20% slow. Lasts 4 seconds.
Level 2 – 32 damage/sec; 22% slow. Lasts 5 seconds.
Level 3 – 38 damage/sec; 24% slow. Lasts 6 seconds.
Level 4 – 44 damage/sec; 25% slow. Lasts 7 seconds.
• Damage type: magical
• Multicast makes this spell have an AoE.
Mana Cost: 95/105/115/125
Cooldown: 15 seconds
3. Bloodlust (Hotkey: B)
Incites a frenzy in a friendly unit, increasing its movement speed and attack speed.
Level 1 – Increases attack speed by 20% and movement speed by 6%.
Level 2 – Increases attack speed by 30% and movement speed by 9%
Level 3 – Increases attack speed by 40% and movement speed by 12%
Level 4 – Increases attack speed by 50% and movement speed by 15%
- When Multicast, nearby allies will be selected randomly in an 600 AoE to be Bloodlusted.
Mana Cost: 75
Cooldown: 20 seconds
4. Multi Cast (Hotkey: C)
Enables the Ogre Magi to rapidly cast his spells, giving them greater potency. Gives a chance to cast a spell multiple times in one cast. Reduces Fire Blast’s cooldown by 2 seconds per level, reduces Bloodlust’s cooldown by 5 seconds per level and Increases Ignite’s area of effect by 150 per level.
Level 1 – 25% chance to cast twice
Level 2 – 40% chance to cast twice, 20% chance to cast three times
Level 3 – 50% chance to cast twice, 25% chance to cast three times, and 12.5% chance to cast 4 times
Mana Cost: N/A
- Gives Fireblast and Bloodlust a chance to cast multiple times and makes Ignite an AOE spell.
- Increases Fireblast mana cost by 30 / 70 / 110.
- The chances mentioned are the chance to get at least that many casts.
- The chance to get exactly 1 cast on level 2 Multicast is 50%, 2 casts – 25%, 3 casts – 25%.
- The chance to get exactly 1 cast on level 3 Multicast is 40%, 2 casts – 30%, 3 casts – 15% and 4 casts – 15%.
Aggron Stonebreaker The Ogre Magi Skills Build
Level 3: Fireblast
Level 6: Multi Cast
Level 7: Fireblast
Level 8: Ignite
Level 9: Ignite
Level 10: Bloodlust
Level 11: Multi Cast
Level 12: Bloodlust
Level 13: Bloodlust
Level 14: Bloodlust
Level 15: Stats
Level 16: Multi Cast
Levels 17-25: Stats
The first skill build is the most widely used skillbuild and hardly needs justification. You may take Multicast at 9 instead of 6 to save mana on Fireblast and to get the extre level of Ignite. However the primary build is generally the best and most reliable.
Aggron Stonebreaker The Ogre Magi Items Build
Deciding what items to get on Ogre is cake. You will start out with mana enhancers, because your mana is complete garbitch. Then we will focus on powering your hero up. We want Ogre to be very useful to the team and not useless. We get consumables to increase survivability, and to allow us to farm more. If you don’t farm enough, it will be harder to participate in teambattles and do a lot of good. Creeping is something Ogre can do well, unlike most int heroes. This is because of his high strength, and his ignite skill. Fireblast should not be casted on creeps, mainly because its just not needed. Ignite does the job much better then Fireblast.
Well this is your core build. Get Tangos, a Flask, x2 Nulls (1 if your farming is bad), and Boots. I removed the other items from this section because I realized some key things. Tangos and Flasks are absolutely needed earlygame to stay in the lane. Nulls have the priority of giving you a lot of mana and other small bonuses. Boots are a key part to chasing, a strategy Ogre does very well at.
This build costs 1700 Gold, a cheap price for what you’re doing to Ogre, however the big items is what were looking up to.
Notice that in calculating the total sum, I put the price of 2 Tango sets and 3 Clarities.
Aftermath Suggested and Rejected Items
- Arcane Ring is a very powerful mana regeneration item. This is what you should replace flasks with. This is such a great item if you have teammates that also need mana.
- If you aren’t farming well, and or you need some extra health because of constant nukes, the bottle is right for you. It is very easy to buy and will give you most of the mana you’ll need up until midgame (do not buy this and arcane ring, only choose one.)
Boots of Travel
- I didn’t put this on the core because you don’t necessarily need it yet. Enemies haven’t gotten BoT yet (or possibly even Power Treads) and it’s not lategame, the point where you must teleport and help the team in all lanes. I say this is good, but only when you think you’ll need it, such as your enemies are mass pushing all lanes constantly.
- Linken’s Sphere is a very Situational item. It depends on if there team has nukers, and a lot of singletarget nukes. If they don’t, its pointless. I recommend other items before this, it’s not that worth it getting it first, so don’t.
Cost: 5,175 Gold
- Nice item, however it’s not that useful on Ogre. Usually someone else on your team will go for this, let them. This item isn’t recommended that much on Ogre. You already have an AoE DoT skill anyway.
Cost: 5,150 Gold
Guinsoo’s Scythe of Vyse
- Most Useful if there team has a hero like Troll that needs to be disabled in order to be killed. However, it Can be useful against any hero. It it recommended for the disabling purpose, but it is costly; so I would recommend an Orchid before this.
- Unneeded! Ogre isn’t a tank tank in which he needs to buy items to help him with this task. Ogre is a caster at heart, and that’s why the items we are getting help his manapool and give him additional abilities to cast.
- Almost made it to the bad items section, however, it has some use. Very little, but some use. Its only needed for 1 thing, the true sight. By the time you spend over 3k leveling it up, you could have been building something better, like Guinsoo’s. I don’t really like this item a lot in general, so it’s probably opinion based.
Cost: 2,750 (Level 1)
Cost: 4,050 (Level 2)
Cost: 5,350 (Level 3) -The only useful level and it costs a lot!
- Useless, period. After your core, this will be very time consuming to get. After you get it, guess what? You have to level it . After spending 5k leveling it and trying to make it useful. The other team has tons of life. Besides, this item doesn’t really benefit you because you already have enough mana, and it doesn’t Multicast. Fireblast has a low enough cooldown, Dagon is not needed. 6 seconds>40 seconds.
Cost: 2,850 (Level 1)
Cost: 4,200 (Level 2)
Cost: 5,550 (Level 3)
Cost: 6,900 (Level 4)
Cost: 8,250 (Level 5)
- Ahh how I miss combining my Soul Booster for you, baby! (Doesn’t work for Ogre anymore).
- This item was also on the core build. It helps you a ton in battle, giving fantastic bonuses! With Multicast, getting charges will be easy. This item is recommended though it depends on how you play Ogre.
- Another great item on Ogre. This one is a good damager and slower. It’s built for team disables. Ogre can use this to chase with, giving it another plus. I recommend this.
- Another disable, except this focuses primarily on a single target. It disables all enemy spell casts, great for other heroes like Luna and Lina. This one gets the thumbs up! This is probably what you want to build first after your core.
Aggron Stonebreaker The Ogre Magi Strategy
Deciding what lane you should go is a big thing for Ogre. Heroes like Nerubian Assassin and Gondar are big, well known intelligence killers. You should always check up at the beginning what heroes they have. Picking Ogre may not be safe if they get some big counters. Never pick Ogre at 15 seconds, always wait to see what they pick.
Sidenote:Some big hero counters for Ogre are Nerubian, Gondar, Clinkz, Pudge, Medusa, and Anti-Mage.
Anyhow, if you pick Ogre, then I’m assuming they don’t have a team of big counters for him. Now, grab all your starting items and head to a lane, preferably either middle or bottom. Why not top? Middle and bottom are Sentinals lanes that can let you creepblock to your tower (of course this only applies when your in a pub or a game allowing creep blocking). I’ve never seen a Sentinal team ever creepblock to top’s tower (unless of course you have a hero like Earthshaker, one of few heroes that could do that).
I recommend going middle. Why? Middle is closest to base, middle has easiest access to runes, and middle has easy access to the secret shop and other lanes. Ogre benefits a lot from these variables. Bottom can get the bot rune, has the goblin shop, and has easy access to only the middle lane. The bottom lane lacks things the middle lane has by far.
Get into your lane and figure out your lane partner. Ogre should not be the solo! It is recommended that you go with another nuker or a ranged harasser. Melee DPS/Tanks will not help you as much. Always plan out your strategies with your teammates, telling them when your going to try to score a kill, so they can help. Going in there mindlessly and trying to kill them without backup can result in a death.
Always stay aware of your ally lanes. Sometimes your allies are careless and won’t call mia. Watch out for mia calls as well, just in-case you do have some good allies. Nuke occasionally when you have full mana. Waste some of it, don’t just hold it.
When you have level 3-4 Fireblast, you will be dealing good amounts of damage to your enemies. Always check for runes. Don’t grab runes like illusion and double damage, tell your team they are there. Instead, get invisibility, haste, and regeneration runes. Those help you.
Call mia whenever an enemy is away, so in return your allies will as well. You want to save your teammates whenever possible. Feeding your enemy makes Ogre harder to use correctly, as they have more health (and possibly spell resistance if they invested in an item that has it or they have a built-in-skill).
Midgame is where you will get your second level of Multicast, level 1 of it is not that good but level 2 is where it shines. +3 extra nukes if you get a Multi, making the enemy take 500 damage. Midgame is where a bunch of ganks will be going on. Try to keep out of pushed lanes where you have no allies at, that makes you a big target. Always try to be with an ally, or allies for support. You do very well in team fights, don’t forget that.
Again, call mia a lot. Enemies go mia more then in earlygame, so keep watch. Always look at your mana, if you have it low, use a clarity or your arcane ring if you have them. Using these will give you a big upper-advantage in combat.
Try farming a little with your ignite skill, and watch as you get the last-hit on the entire wave! Bloodlust allies, Fireblast enemies, Multicast this, Multicast that, farm this, gank that, and you will be fine.
Late game! At this time, enemies will be in different lanes all the time, so mia calling doesn’t really help that much anymore. Gank them a lot and get money, Ogre needs a lot of it. Multicasting should have gotten you a few kills already. Buy the items you think would help you best in your situation. An example would be a getting a Orchid to stop windwalkers, or a Guinsoo for a passive disabler like Void and Troll. Shivas if there team ganks as a whole a lot.
Try to Roshan with your team. You can actually tank roshan for a while if your team doesn’t have any big tanks. I’ve actually tanked a Roshan the whole time when 2-3 of us were hitting him. I got out with about 70% health. Roshan gives a lot of xp and money, so do it asap.
This post is contain Aggron Stonebreaker The Ogre Magi Item Build Guide and DotA Strategy. This trick is only available for The Ogre Magi, but if you have more information or different Guide, Build and Strategy about Aggron Stonebreaker The Ogre Magi, you can post your comment below!
Category: DotA Hero
About the Author (Author Profile)I love DotA and this blog will give you the latest news and update about DotA Map, Hero and Items that related to DotA Allstars. You can download DotA Allstars Map in this blog. You also can support us by make link to this blog and follow our Google+, Twitter and Facebook.
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.