King Leoric The Skeleton King Item Build – DotA Hero Items Build, Skills Build, Guide and Strategy. Despite the overall simplicity of the Skeleton King’s skills, he is one of the most dangerous close combat heroes to fight against, and he becomes extremely powerful when equipped with good items. Hellfire Blast is his one active spell, and it allows him to catch and kill enemies. Vampiric Aura and Critical Strike make him deadly in a straight fight; the Skeleton King hits hard and gains life with every attack. Even if Leoric seems to be destroyed, he is still not beaten. Want to know more about King Leoric The Skeleton King Item Build Guide and Strategy? Let’s see post below!
King Leoric The Skeleton King background story. Once a noble knight protecting his kingdom, the man was thrown into Hell, where he was ripped apart over and over for centuries. Now, Lucifer has thrown him back onto the soil, corrupted and mindless, as King Leoric, the Skeleton King. He marches on, leading his minions with an unfaltering gaze, knowing only one thing: the orders given to him by the dark lord himself. Able to cripple his opponents by drawing power from the fiery depths of hell itself, King Leoric is a major threat on the battlefield. His mighty blade allows him and others in his presence to drain the blood of their enemies. It is said that he is unkillable, and those who are struck down by his hellfire don’t wake up again.
King Leoric The Skeleton King Advanced Statistics
Attack Animation: 0.56 / 0.44
Damage: 54 – 56
Casting Animation: 0.35 / 0.51
Base Attack Time: 1.7
Missile Speed: Instant
Attack Range: 128 (melee)
Sight Range: 1800 / 800
King Leoric The Skeleton King Abilities Build
1. Hellfire Blast (Hotkey: T)
Ignites the target on fire, dealing damage over time. Stuns the target for a brief period followed by a movement speed reduction.
Level 1 – 50 Impact Damage and 15 dps while slowed.
Level 2 – 100 Impact Damage and 30 dps while slowed.
Level 3 – 150 Impact Damage and 40 dps while slowed.
Level 4 – 200 Impact Damage and 60 dps while slowed.
- Total damage: 80 / 160 / 230 / 300
Mana Cost: 140
2. Vampiric Aura (Hotkey: V)
Nearby friendly melee units gain hit points when they hit enemy units.
Level 1 – Gains 15% of attack damage.
Level 2 – Gains 20% of attack damage.
Level 3 – Gains 25% of attack damage.
Level 4 – Gains 30% of attack damage.
Mana Cost: N/A
3. Critical Strike (Hotkey: C)
Gives a chance to do more damage on an attack.
Level 1 – 1.25 times normal damage.
Level 2 – 1.75 times normal damage.
Level 3 – 2.25 times normal damage.
Level 4 – 2.75 times normal damage.
Mana Cost: N/A
4. Reincarnation (Hotkey: R)
When killed the Skeleton King will come back to life and slow enemies in a 700 aoe by 30% for 3 seconds.
Level 1 – 3 seconds delay, slows enemies’ movement speed around him by 30%. 300 second cooldown.
Level 2 – 3 seconds delay, slows enemies’ movement speed around him by 30%. 220 second cooldown.
Level 3 – 3 seconds delay, slows enemies’ movement speed around him by 30%. 140 second cooldown.
Mana Cost: 140
Cooldown: 300/ 220/140 seconds
- Will revive even if silenced on death.
- Will not revive if Skeleton King does not have required mana.
- Will not revive if he dies on unpathable terrain.
- If Skeleton King has an Aegis and Reincarnation is cooled down upon death, Reincarnation will trigger first.
- Revives with full HP and full mana.
King Leoric The Skeleton King Skills Build
1. Hellfire Blast
3. Hellfire Blast/Stats
4. Stats/Hellfire Blast
5. Hellfire Blast
7. Hellfire Blast
8. Critical Strike
9. Critical Strike
10. Vampiric Aura/Critical Strike
12. Critical Strike
13. Critical Strike/Vampiric Aura
14. Vampiric Aura
15. Vampiric Aura
17-25. WHATEVER THE FUCK IS LEFT
You max your Hellfire Blast because it improves its damage. Stats are taken at level 2 and 4 because your manapool is otherwise pitiful, and as a side effect, makes you beefier and gives a little more DPS. Get Stats at level 3 if the harassment is heavy. If you’ve got mates that deal enough burst damage to reliably kill your laning enemies in one combo, just level up 1-2 levels of Hellfire Blast and get Stats or Critical Strike for a beefier/harder hitting Leoric. Note that you can take 1 level of Vampiric Aura at level 10 ; that’s because Vampiric Aura saw multiple buffs since 6.64, making it viable to get it a bit earlier for helping regenerating HP. I don’t suggest getting it earlier however because you don’t deal a lot of damage and you don’t want to push too early. An example of utter stupidity would be to take Critical Strike level 1 at level 8 and then skilling up Vampiric Aura level 1 at level 9, as Critical Strike level 1 multiplies your DPS by 1.0375x, a way too small number to be actually noticeable. Consequently, Critical Strike level 2 should always come just after Critical Strike level 1, and no other skill should be leveled between them.
King Leoric The Skeleton King Items Build
Ironwood Branch (57)
Ironwood Branch (57)
1. Ring of Regeneration (375)
2. Gauntlets of Ogre Strength (150)
3. Circlet of Nobility (185)
4. Sobi Mask (325)
5. Ring of Protection (175)
6. Ring of Basilius (0)
7. Bracer (175)
9. Boots of Speed (500) [sell Ironwood Branch]
8. Gloves of Haste (610) [sell Ironwood Branch]
10. Power Treads (420)
11. Mask of Death (900)
12. Mask of Madness (1050)
13. Plate Mail (1400)
14. Sacred Relic (3800)
15. Radiance (1525)
Explanation of Item Build:
1. One Bracer and two Levels of Attribute Bonuses gives the Skeleton King enough mana to cast two Storm Bolts and have enough mana left over for Reincarnation at Level 7, and since Level 7 is the peak of the Skeleton King’s mana issues, no additional mana items are required.
2. Ring of Basilius is an excellent item for just about every Strength Hero in the game, and the Skeleton King is no exception. With low Intelligence and Intelligence Growth, and a spell that he wants to spam in lane, he makes excellent use of the Brilliance Aura. The +3 Armor from Devotion Aura is also helpful for Strength Heroes, who notoriously have high Hit Points but low Armor. The +6 Damage is also helpeful for last hitting.
3. Power Treads and Mask of Madness are both great items for the Skeleton King, who has a low attack speed but high damage from Critical Strike. Mask of Madness is great on the Skeleton King because the Lifesteal stacks with his Vampiric Aura, and is chosen over Helm of the Dominator because Helm of the Dominator, though it makes Skeleton King a mighty tank, does little to increase his damage output. Even most bad players ignore the Skeleton King already because of his Reincarnation ability, so attempting to make him into a tank is a bad idea. Instaed, the best option is to give him damage items, and if those items wind up drawing fire onto him, that’s fine, too. Mask of Madness is a great item for ganking with Skeleton King, because his Storm Bolt will help prevent enemies from taking advantage of the 20% extra damage taken. Also, the Skeleton King notoriously has a problem chasing down enemies, and the 15% increased movement speed does wonders for that. Of course, use discretion when activating Mask of Madness in team battles – if your opponents foolishly decide to focus on you first, then just let your teammates do their job while you suck up all the fire.
4. Plate Mail is the most cost effective way for the Skeleton King to increase his Effective Hit Points, which may be needed to support Mask of Madness.
5. Radiance is the final item listed, and rounds out the Skeleton King nicely, making his Critical Strikes do some hefty damage in team battles, and the Radiance’s Aura also doing some major damage in team battles and helping the Skeleton King to farm faster in the late game, something for which he is notoriously poor.
6. The build is purposely left rather open after the Radiance, because there are two distinct paths that the Skeleton King can head down. If his opponents are still purposely ignoring him because of his two lives despite Radiance and Mask of Madness, then another damage item such as Monkey King Bar is in order. But, most of the time, Radiance and Mask of Madness makes the Skeleton King unignorable, and in that case, it is best to go ahead and upgrade the Plate Mail to an Aegis of the Immortal. From there, Divine Rapier is the best option, or Heart of Tarrasque if you will be unable to farm up the Rapier.
Lane Choices: Always take up a lane with an ally, not only because Skeleton King can’t handle himself in many 1v1 and 1v2 lanes, but also to share your Ring of Basilius Aura and to perhaps get a First Blood with Storm Bolt. Storm Bolt, being a ranged cast stun that does a decent amount of damage, is extremely deadly when combined with most other nukes/disables/slows. The Skeleton King, lacking range, would also prefer to partner up with a ranged ally, so head to any lane that will accomplish that, even the dreaded Middle lane if need be.
Final Words: The Skeleton King, with high starting Strength and Strength gain, a way to recover his Hit Points in battle, and two lives, would desperately like to be a tank. Unfortunately, there is no way to control who your opponents decide to target, and even the most newbish of players knows that it’s bad to have to kill someone twice in a battle. Thus, in my opinion, the best way to play Skeleton King is to build him as a damage dealer first, and if that draws his opponents’ fire, then as a tank second. Mask of Madness is somewhat contradictory with being a tank, so do not feel that you have to activate it if your opponents are in fact focusing you down – just be content with the fact that they are wasting their time on you while your allies bring them down.
King Leoric The Skeleton King Strategy
Choose between solo or tri-lane: If an opponent would solo a melee hero (which is very unusual) he can lane against it. If the opposing solo is ranged, he would have a hard time. He would be totally harrassed and outfarmed if laned solo against a ranged hero. He can work with a tri-lane with two ranged stunners like WD, DW and CM that can somehow harrass for him while he goes for last hits.
Learn to chain stuns: If you are part of a tri-lane then you need to pay attention to your teammates’ and opponents’ positions. If an opportunity arises, be sure to be able to cast your stun in succession to other disables your team is gonna throw.
Play conservatively: Being the pure-carry of your team, you need to focus on last-hitting creeps. Though your stuns are very important to your team, your farm would much likely give you the win.
Farm for your items: Go for Armlet quickly. These item allow you to dps quite well for such a low cost. They also help you in farming ‘coz your only way of farming comes from normal attacks. Take advantage of any opportunity you get to farm. Pure-carries really needs a lot of items.
Farm safely: Do not wander too far from your teammates. Without their help, you wouldn’t survive a well-coordinated gank even if your ult skill is ready.
Defend your towers: I have been telling you to farm, farm and farm. Nevertheless, it is also your duty to defend the towers since you have a great disable in Hellfire Blast. You can also get some kills this way.
Do not give your your Resurrect without a fight: Make sure to be able to deal damage before you go down the first time so you can finish them off after resurrecting.
Do not eat their nukes:You are either tank or pure-carry. If you are pure-carry then somebody has to tank for you. I don’t think that you can tank and carry very well at the same time. You need that extra life to finish the opposing team off. Do not waste the first life eating nukes.
This post is contain King Leoric The Skeleton King Item Build Guide and Strategy. This trick is only available for this hero, but if you have more information or different Guide, Build and Strategy about King Leoric The Skeleton King, you can post your comment below!
Category: DotA Hero